Hi everyone! I know it has been awhile recently since I posted last, but since my new career change to co-owner at Poppy Avenue Boutique my life has seemed pretty hectic. Additionally, I have also made a HUGE change and discovery in my beauty routine life. Leading up to this major change, my brother was diagnosed with crohn’s decease my family switched to clean eating…like SUPER clean (we make our own yogurt and everything just to paint a picture). Now living my life dedicated to reading ingredients in food I recently took a look at the ingredients in my makeup and hair products and was instantly horrified at the things I was putting on my face and skin on a daily basis! Therefore today I’m going to share with you my top 5 reasons why I have become a “Makeup Vegan” and introduce you to a brand that helps making the switch to clean beauty tooOOooo easy!
- No Harsh Chemicals: Just like there are tons of preservatives and additives in our food, there are tons of chemicals and harsh substances that the cosmetic industry puts in makeup. In the food industry there are not many regulations that prevent a brand from using labels like “all natural,” “organic,” or “healthy.” Alike the food industry, in the makeup industry there are not many regulations that deter a company by putting hypocritical labels like “all natural” or “causes healthy looking skin.” If you want to do more research on the ingredients in your makeup a good website to use is the EWG skin deep website. It will let you know the harmful effects of products and rates them on a toxicity scale from 1-10. You can search products by brand and or search all the ingredients of a product to help you come to your own conclusion of the safety of a product. The benefit from buying from a Vegan brand is they put less harmful ingredients in makeup and more quality ingredients that will actually make you have better looking skin!
- No Animal Testing: Another wonderful benefit of buying from vegan brands is there is NO animal testing during the production of creating the makeup. Just like there are not many regulations preventing a company from putting labels like “all natural” there are not many regulations discouraging them from putting labels like “no testing on animals” on their labels. Many cosmetic companies will test every ingredient separately on animals and then when the final product is created they will not test it on an animal and still be awarded the opportunity to put “no testing on animals.”
- Vegan Brushes Don’t Use Animal Fur: If you want to be informed about what goes on in the creation of fur brushes you can look up “China Fur Farms” videos and be horrified. The treatment of these animals is awful and many of them are skinned alive and then tossed aside in a pile of other animals and can remain alive for up to fifteen minutes. These videos are gruesome but are very eye opening. Watching one of these videos is the reason I began this journey to making the switch to become a “Makeup Vegan.”
- Avoid having Bugs In Your Makeup: The best part of buying vegan is you will not find any animal by-products or dead bugs in your makeup! If you think about it, it is just plain disgusting and tons of cosmetic brands use these bugs in makeup. Just gross!! If you by from vegan brands you will never find bugs in your makeup again.
- Better Skin Benefits: Due to harsh chemicals being taken out of the makeup, you will find good natural ingredients in your makeup. Your skin will thank you, instead of clogging your pores your makeup is actually be working for your skin.
- Au Naturale: One makeup brand I love that is vegan is Au Naturale. The lipstick featured in the picture is their lipstick in Cha-Cha. Not only did I get to go to their lab and first had see all the above reasons to buy from a vegan brand put into action! They are currently rebranding their brands so right now you can snag their products for 50% off but starting Monday they will have new packaging and products to offer and I could not be more excited!! Below I have some pictures of Cha-Cha on an not going to lie I feel like channelling my inner taylor swift every time I wear this lipstick!
Thank you so much for reading, I hope this post helped inform you about true clean beauty. For more fashion, inner beauty, and vegan beauty tips follow me on my social media in the meantime between my next post.